Wienhausen: Wedding House

Wienhausen

    THE WEDDING HOUSE IN WIENHAUSEN

    The small half-timbered building used today as a wedding house, there on its enchanted island between the two arms of the Mühlenkanal in the middle of the old centre of Wienhausen, has an eventful history behind it.

    The exact date of construction is not known. However, it is presumed that it probably dates from around 1850 and was first used as a storehouse. What is certain, however, is that it was dismantled from its former location in Wathlingen around 1900 and moved to Wienhausen. The inconspicuous looking building finally received its present, and hopefully now ancestral, location in 1978. Volksbank Wathlingen played a major role in the realisation of the project.

    Since 1980, the marriage house of the joint municipality of Flotwedel has been located in romantic surroundings. Bridal couples, who would like to make the bond for life, can also do so there outside the usual opening hours. So, if you have decided to take the "yes" for the union of life in the romantic monastery community of Wienhausen, then the small wedding house will certainly be the starting point for unforgettable hours and a happy life together.

    (Photos are subject to copyright protection)
    Map
    Map: Wienhausen: Wedding House
    Location
    Mühlenstraße 4
    29342 Wienhausen

    Phone
    registry office Wienhausen 05149 - 181-24
    Fax
    registry office Wienhausen Fax 05149 - 181-81
    opening hours
    Mo, Di, Mi, Fr 08:00 - 12:00 o`clock
    Di 13:00 - 16:00 o`clock
    Do 13:00 - 17:00 o`clock